Publish Malone Covers Brad Paisley’s ‘I Am Gonna Miss Her’ At Texas Benefit
Paisley’s future spouse, actress Kimberly Williams, stars within the Peter Zavadil-directed music video. Williams first caught the singer’s eye on the massive display screen when he took a date to see Father of the Bride in 1991. Four years later, he returned to the theater alone for the sequel and was impressed with Williams’ performance as Steve Martin’s daughter. He remembered considering, “She looks like a great woman – sensible and funny and all those things which are so exhausting to find.” They began dating in 2001 and married in 2003.
“I’m Gonna Miss Her (The Fishin’ Song)” is a song co-written and recorded by American nation music artist Brad Paisley. It was launched in February 2002 because the third single from his album Part II. The song reached the top of the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart (then known as the Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart) that 12 months, becoming the third quantity-one hit of Paisley’s profession. The music went on to succeed in the top of the Billboard country charts for two weeks in mid-2002, becoming Paisley’s third Number One hit on the country charts. In addition, it acquired Song of the Year, Single of the Year, and Video of the Year nominations from the Country Music Association; as well as, its music video obtained the award for “Concept Video of the Year” at CMT’s 2002 Flameworthy Awards.
Live Performance Calendar
“The purpose I suggested Dan Patrick within the first place was as a result of I had seen an interview where someone requested him what he was listening to, and he replied, ‘I’ve received every thing from hip-hop to Brad Paisley,'” he recalled. “I figured, ‘He’ll wanna be in a video then, right?’ I was naive enough to assume individuals would be prepared.” Those nice musicians also included the likes of George Strait,Miranda Lambert, Willie Nelson, Kelly ClarksonandKacey Musgraves, who were all in virtual attendance to boost money for his or her fellow Texans.
- Their collaboration resulted in “I’m Gonna Miss Her (The Fishin’ Song)”, a moderate up-tempo, centralizing on a male character whose lover has threatened to leave him if he goes fishing instead of staying residence along with her.
- It was initially recorded by the country group Asleep At The Wheel, but Brooks & Dunn did it themselves when it obtained its own line dance.
- When Tony Bennett and Amy Winehouse’s model of “Body and Soul” made the Hot a hundred, Bennett grew to become at age 85, the oldest dwelling artist to chart.
- He then recorded “I’m Gonna Miss Her” for his Part II album, and the song was launched as that album’s third single, regardless of Paisley’s initial reluctance, as he had thought that the idea of a male selecting fishing over love may be offensive to female listeners.
- The song went on to reach the highest of the Billboard country charts for 2 weeks in mid-2002, turning into Paisley’s third Number One hit on the nation charts.
- Although Garth Brooks, George Strait, and Alan Jackson had all shown curiosity in recording the song, Paisley saved it to himself after the success of his Who Needs Pictures album.
Paisley wasn’t the only nation musician Malone covered, the singer additionally performed a version of “You Can Have the Crown,” from Sturgill Simpson’s 2013 album,High Top Mountain. Among the opposite non-country performers at the We’re Texas benefit were Leon Bridges, Gary Clark Jr., Khalid, and Kirk Franklin. Although Garth Brooks, George Strait, and Alan Jackson had all shown curiosity in recording the music, Paisley saved it to himself after the success of his Who Needs Pictures album. He then recorded “I’m Gonna Miss Her” for his Part II album, and the music was released as that album’s third single, regardless of Paisley’s preliminary reluctance, as he had thought that the idea of a male choosing fishing over love might be offensive to female listeners. Featuring breaking information, artist interviews, unique, multi-platform content material and much more, Country Now is rapidly becoming a go-to on-line vacation spot for country music fans.
Shows like Dawson’s Creek, Grey’s Anatomy and Buffy the Vampire Slayer modified the best way songs were heard on TV, and produced some hits within the course of. Ronnie Dunn wrote “Boot Scootin’ Boogie” before he teamed up with Kix Brooks to kind Brooks & Dunn. It was initially recorded by the country group Asleep At The Wheel, but Brooks & Dunn did it themselves when it obtained its own line dance. Proceeds from the concert might be distributed by theJust Keep Livin’ Foundation‘s Texas Relief Fund to a number of non-revenue organizations together with Austin Disaster Relief Network, Meals on Wheels Central Texas, Salvation Army of Texas, Save the Children, Bernard Project , Team Rubicon and lots of more.